As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will be working with a team of talented engineers, enjoying wearing multiple hats, thrive in a rapidly-changing, entrepreneurial environment and have the capacity to be a significant contributor to a tightly dedicated and focused team building Emailage’s next generation fraud platform.
- Design, implement, support and scale server architecture on AWS to provide fast and reliable services to a rapidly growing customer base.
- Open to learning new technologies and new problem domains
- Provide application support including problem research, analysis, and resolution.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application and network.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Make sure we are following all the security guidelines and procedures.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company; scope and create automation for deployment.
- Represent the operations team in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services.
- Design highly scalable and resilient architectures.
What experience we are seeking:
- Passionate and obsessive about security, quality, efficiency and the customer
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment, both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to participate in 24×7 on-call rotation and perform after hours support, as needed.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures.
- Solid knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Minimum 4+ years of managing services in an internet scale *nix / Windows environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of creating and maintaining high available and scalable cloud infrastructure
- Experience in designing Amazon Web Services architecture for fault tolerance, scale, and cost
- Experience in automating process and deployments in AWS using CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, CodePipeLine.
- Strong experience with AWS services, including but not limited to ELB (ALB, NLB), Direct Connect, VPC, Systems Manager, CloudWatch, Service Catalog.
- Good understanding of Security Groups, VPC flows, IAM, Certificate Manager.
- Experience in ensuring high security integration for governance and compliance
- Ability to see opportunities for improvement, take ownership and work closely with others to drive operational improvement
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to correlate system behaviors based on known interdependencies between those systems
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, technology or related field or equivalent experience
Bonus Points for:
- NoSQL database experience, Cassandra, DynamoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of automation tools, such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt etc.
How we’ll reward you:
- 401K program; life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability paid for by the company
- High-end hardware to work with
- Learning and career growth prospects
- 3 weeks vacation
- Ability to working with bleeding edge technology right here in AZ
- Fast paced Startup Culture
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor visas or consider contract resources at this time.
If you don’t think you are qualified, but love what we are doing, please apply anyway – we’d love to hear from you.
Emailage, founded in 2012 and with offices in Phoenix, London and Sao Paulo, is a leader in helping companies significantly reduce online fraud. Through key partnerships, proprietary data, and machine-learning technology, Emailage builds a multi-dimensional profile associated with a customer’s email address and renders a predictive risk score. Customers realize significant savings from identifying and stopping fraudulent transactions.Apply Now