The Risk & Compliance Manager plays a key role within the Risk and Compliance group by maintaining and executing components of the company’s operational risk and compliance program, documenting and establishing technology operational standards, managing and executing customer sales deliverables and performing third party risk management activities.
This role reports directly to the Global VP, Risk and Compliance, and will be responsible for developing applicable policies and standards, working with second line of defense management to implement and optimize such policies, facilitating readiness reviews within the technology and financial business units, plus coordinating and executing on all external reviews and audits.
- Defines and maintains operational risk management policies, procedures and standards in alignment with regulatory requirements, and industry best practices.
- Communicates the business and strategy impact of changes to operational risk management policy and standards by ensuring new and changing policies are appropriately communicated to the respective stakeholders and training materials are updated.
- Supports governance processes within the regulatory confines of data privacy and security, GDPR, Privacy Shield, SOC II audits, including validation and testing of key critical controls to demonstrate compliance requirements.
- Develops a strong rapport with the functional business leaders to ensure discussions are trusted, constructive and valued; works diligently to understand the company’s strategies and risks.
- Manages third party relationships through a streamlined approach with standard controls, ensuring that regulatory requirements are maintained.
- Takes ownership of, and demonstrates leadership around continuous improvement initiatives within the organization.
- Execute customer due diligence efforts including compliance/security questionnaires, coordinating any customer inquiries, or on-site reviews or audits, and providing any required or requested documentation support.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field. Professional certifications in risk, security or privacy preferred.
- 4-7 years of demonstrable and progressive experience in operational/third party risk management, compliance, internal audit, legal or related field.
- Comfort in working in a fast paced, high deliverable environment with capability to take on increasing responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical/critical thinking skills; excellent attention to detail and ability to parse complex regulatory pronouncements into actionable components for operational risk best practices.
- Ability to work independently while under the direction of multiple stakeholders and able to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, service providers and external auditors.
- Experience in writing, maintaining and communicating policies, procedures and reports.
Company Benefits and Perks:
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive and happy:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage
- Life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability paid for by the company
- 401(k) plan offered with employer match
- High-end hardware to work with
- Learning and career growth prospects
- Paid Holiday and Time Off
- Referral bonus program
- Stock Options
- Ability to working with bleeding edge technology right here in AZ
- Fast paced Startup Culture
Emailage, founded in 2012 and with offices in Phoenix, London, Sao Paulo, Sydney and Singapore, is a leader in helping companies significantly reduce online fraud. Through key partnerships, proprietary data, and machine-learning technology, Emailage builds a multi-dimensional profile associated with a customer’s email address and renders a predictive risk score. Customers realize significant savings from identifying and stopping fraudulent transactions. To learn more, visit: www.emailage.com.